Bloom Digital Media
Based in Peterborough and Toronto, Canada
Press / Business contact:
Lose yourself in great games. Find yourself in stories that matter.
Bloom Digital Media is a digital game company that creates narrative games featuring authentic characters in the midst of pivotal moments and life-changing stories. Our games cover the lives and experiences left by the wayside in traditional game narratives. With a strategic focus on creating games for under-served players, we have nurtured a passionate fan base.About Miriam
Miriam Verburg is an independent game designer and interactive producer with over 15 years of experience working with non-profits, cultural organizations and broadcasters. Her design approach stems from a strong belief that interactive technology offers designers an unprecedented opportunity to create experiences that foster curiosity, compassion and exploration - three core values for a changing world. Miriam is a member of the women's gaming collective DMG-TO, Interactive Ontario, and holds teaching positions at Humber College School of Media Studies and Information Technology and Centennial College Game Development Program.
LongStory Nintendo Switch Trailer YouTube
Later Daters Teaser Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Bloom Digital Media, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Jury's Honorable Mention, 12th International Mobile Gaming Awards" - San Francisco, March 15, 2016
- "As I played, my hands were shaking. This was real. This was my story. I never expected to have this kind of visceral experience playing an app game, but it felt strangely cathartic all the same."
- Jillian and Paige, FemHype
- "Games that try to capture an inclusive teenage experience are rare, and LongStory is dedicated to being a warm and positive place to explore issues of queerness, identity, and bullying specifically for teenagers."
- Melissa Brinks, Forbes
- "The backdrop for the Toronto-developed dating sim LongStory has all the makings of a John Hughes film, except with openly queer and trans characters."
- Juanita Bawagan, Vice: Motherboard
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Marketing and Project Manager